Monday, October 27, 2008

Working Through

Alright folks, back for another round of blogging fun and excitement!! First, I must say this is odd, as I'm not posting from an office, rather from my can. See...apparently, in the new digs, so much bandwidth gets used up in the early evening that it's impossible to access something as basic as Google Documents. Strange, I know, but such are vagaries of the Mayor Cell. Or maybe it's Internet Explorer, which I have come to despise worse than before. Have I mentioned I don't like Internet Explorer? Just checking. So while I've been navigating to this particular site where I can FINALLY post, I've managed to watch the final episode for CSI season 4, courtesy of The Market. $40 for all eight seasons simply can't be beat.

The replacements are sort of here and we're reading in those who are. Those who aren't...well, they'll catch up. Mostly I'm not concerned too much, as one extra week won't make or break them. Also, I'm not too concerned, since my replacement and my NCO's is here. It's a childish and egocentric way to look at it, but it IS the Army.

This morning I finally was able to get in contact with Kim. Between DSN lines being goofy or busy and her cell phone being cantankerous, we finally got through to one another. It's the small things that count the most, I've found and being able to talk to Kim regularly matters a whole bunch over here.

The weather has taken a dramatic turn for different. We had thunderstorms through here over the weekend. Thunderstorms. With rain. Lots of rain. Gravel isn't too bad in rain, but sand and dust mixed with water makes mud. Marez is now a mudhole with guardtowers and a kickin' perimeter. The up side to all of this is it isn't hot any longer. Humidity has climbed to a massive 56%. A little more and this place might just begin to pass for Indiana in the spring. Maybe. If you take away all the Turks, Kurds, Iraqis, palm trees, machine guns, etc.

Not sure why I'm posting this, but it struck me as a pretty cool read, so take a look.

In the meantime, I'm watching CSI, preparing for November and training my replacement. Life is decent.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring
writers? I'm hoping to start my own site soon but I'm
a little lost on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option?
There are so many options out there that I'm completely confused .. Any suggestions? Cheers!

Also visit my blog post; ford ranger forum

Anonymous said...

What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I've discovered It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads.
I'm hoping to give a contribution & help other customers like its helped me. Good job.

My website :: mederma stretch mark therapy

Anonymous said...

Ϝinally, the last piece of advice is to make sure that yoս are eating enough greens.
Thesе trainers can propose specific workouts
for you to begin with. Combined with a smаll աaistlіne, this gives you the hourglass figure everyone is talking about.


Also ѵisit my web ѕite :: turbulence trɑining download 2014 (http://turbulencetrainingdownload2014.Blogspot.com/2014/06/turbulence-training-download-2014.html)