Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kind of midweek

Alright folks, don't get accustomed to this. Most of you know why I'm posting. Let's hear it. Exactly. I have other work that needs to be done, hence the post. I am, if nothing else, predictable.

This week, we have lots and lots of workers coming here to work and then next week lots and lots of folks leaving. Why do I care? Because the former group needs to be badged, which is what I do here. The latter group all have a badge I must collect. Contrary to the opinion of the LTs in the 1-8, badges are controlled items. They're a big deal, and quite frankly, I don't fancy allowing some forgetful Turk to take one home on a convoy with him. So, this week is going to see me being detail oriented and moving about quite a bit. That's all good, as I have nothing else to do.

This morning I submitted the history essay for ILE. This means, among other things, that I am now unofficially two-thirds of the way done with ILE. I'm absolutely pumped about that! The end, as they say, is in sight. In light of that, I thought this was interesting, in terms of looking at the types of conflict to expect in the next 10 to 15 years. And I found this article too. All good stuff.

Part of me feels bad for skipping PT this morning, but I really don't. Kim was on the line and we were both fairly much awake, so it was all good.

Short post for now, so that's about it. I'll beat on KBR more tomorrow and sooner or later, they'll have the details hammered out.

Enjoy!


4 comments:

Anjie said...

While you have been diligently working (albeit not while posting) Paul and I have been much like broccoli playing WoW. Having fun showing him the ropes, and how best to make lots of imaginary goodies. And of course talking smack about skinny elves :)

As for talking to Kim vs working out, 15 years from now that workout will not be missed, the conversation however would be, so the wee bit that may feel guilty, tell it to hush. Kim > PT, always. You know this already, I'm merely confirming so that wee bug I know you have floating about in your brain can silence. :) I even used a mathematical symbol and everything, very serious indeed! You know my overwhelming love of all things math related.... O.o

Looking forward to your I'm going home post, and in the meantime will be priming your brother on how best to beat your behind in game :)

Mark said...

Oh, that'll be a good welcome home! ;) So do I get a 'warm up' period here once I get back, or will it be an immediate duel?

Yeah, I was pretty impressed with the "greater than". That actually drove the point home pretty well coming from you.

Three weeks or so and I'll be all home and all set!!

Anjie said...

Well you are twice his level and then some, so don't tell him but there's no way he could win unless you were getting some wine in the other room while you dueled. So you have a wee bit of an advantage there. :) In either case it'll be fun to have ya there to chat at and make faces too and stuff. The reparte is half the reason I play the game in the first place and you two are by far my most enjoyable tossers of wit. :) It's all about the sass ya know.

And I'm glad ya liked my "symbolic" use there, glad ya got the heavy meaning, since afterall, it's true. :) And when you get home you can be broccoli and enjoy it, since no matter what you do while you're home those are the things you'll stash away when you return, so you're preparing for a good pattern of priorities. You know I'm all for working out, but spouses should always come first, cuz weights will never kiss you goodnight. ;)

Mark said...

You mean to tell me my CAT is a higher level than he is??

:D Excellent!