Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


Hello everybody!

First and foremost: Mom, happy Mother's Day! I am well (gained 3 pounds since December) and am (reasonably) healthy. I'll call tonight, hopefully late enough that I don't wake you folks up. Or I call tomorrow morning.

About three weeks ago, thanks to the incessant dust around here, I decided to have the head shaved, the grape scraped, the melon polished. You understand. After some research, I even dumped some money into an electric shaver, just for my melon. First, since Paul has no hair, I knew I'd look alright without any. Second, I grow tired (and have some cultural aversions here) of paying for a haircut with a very awkward head/neck massage. Don't get me wrong, love massages, really, really, really am uncomfortable with MEN massaging me. Needless to say, I'm spoiled, what can I say? So, at $5 a pop (including tip), I figure the shaver will, literally, pay for itself well before the end of this deployment. I took a self portrait last night so here it is, for your enjoyment. I even smiled.

Today we get our combat patch (Shoulder Sleeve Insignia - Former Wartime Service in the parlance of the military). I promised Kim I'd try to have someone capture a couple of pics for me. We'll see how that goes.

Sarah, 1SG B is a great guy! Jake just needs to find his rhythm (?), that's all. He'll build, he'll get there. Blue was great to work with in ROTC, can't imagine Jake having many better folks to be around than Blue and his team.

I promise I will attempt to get more pics taken and posted. The challenge with that is to discern what I'm allowed to click and not, etc.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Mark--(or is it Paul??--looks the same)!!! Thanks for the Mom Day greeting. Your Dad had asked me several times this AM if I had read your new blog--now I know why. Paul, Lori, A, E & G are coming for dinner today but we will miss you and Kim. We love you and pray for you. Mom

Anonymous said...

you look familiar :P

kelly barton art + design said...

nice melon!
you look mahvelous.
guess what. i am sitting
here listening to dave, thinking
of you and kim. [dancing nancies]
love that one.

big squeeze from indiana, love you
kelly
[gabe is now taller than bryce, big
day in our house. cheri' graduated last weekend from iu.
clancy still spunky. bryce finished mini with his best time. i might try it next year.]

norma altman said...

mark - lookin good - but you 2 continue to confuse me. first glasses, then teeth - now hair -
luv you and pray for you and kim - auntinorma