Monday, December 31, 2007

What's Really Important?

So here we are at my sister-in-law's house, eagerly awaiting the midnight hour, so we can drink bubbly, then go home and sleep. In two days, we will head to Indy, do the "send off" (which I think is really more for those sending us than those being sent), and flow south to Georgia. With time being of the essence, my thoughts begin to turn to wondering about what's really important. I told a buddy of mine today, "dude, there are three things I really want to do - drink wine, chase my wife and play online...the things I really can't do in Georgia or Iraq." Aside from that, I've enjoyed the time with family this last week. Family has prayed over me, have taken special time to really express how much they appreciate me and otherwise put up with my dumb ass more than normal. All in all, an enjoyable time. With a "line in the sand" having been drawn, I began a while ago to take more note of those things which are really and truly important. Time with family is important. Not that I would have spent more time with them in the next twelve months if I were to be here at home, but just the thought that we can't get together at a moment's notice changes things.

Anyhow, time with family is important. Thanks to everyone who's made this time valuable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you! I hope you enjoyed the WA port. Love you! PH