Saturday, June 28, 2008

Savior, Thy Name Is Braun!!


Oh happy day! Oh coffee sweet! Oh caffeine rush divine!

Yes dear readers, the 220V coffee grinder I ordered has finally arrived! Now, several folks, realizing my desperate need in these dark times, sent me ground coffee. For that, my friends, I am eternally grateful. Now, however, I am aptly prepared and fully able to take advantage of the fifty pounds (Fifty. Pounds.) of goodwill sent here by the eastside Starbuck's. Please note that other coffee is actually more than welcome here!

So this last week has been interesting. Not because of the folks coming through badging per se, but because of the incredibly welcoming environment, in which we find ourselves. See, temperatures are beginning to hit levels that are consistent with the desert environment. To wit, we have been experiencing highs of low teens. That's 110 to 115 for you folks at home. That's mighty hot. I know, Paul will happily pop on here and tell me it gets hotter. Yup, got that. Not complaining, just a statement of fact. So, machinery, like people, doesn't like to run at full capacity in hot weather. Odd how that works. Generators have been going out on a regular basis 'round here, which includes those generators that power my office. Normally I'd say, "such is life" and be done with it. The problem is that we have this one server that people access from other parts of the country on a regular basis. Random power outages disrupt that, which means it shuts down. That is bad. The power guys came by and tried to explain it all to me. I was nice. I listened (or tried to). At one point my statement was simply, "make it work and keep it working." Add to that, the A/C in my office is female. It randomly blows hot and cold air, it blatantly ignores the setting I have on the thermostat, and works well when the repair guys show up. QED.

On another positive note, Matt and Anjie (ok, Anjie mostly) sent me a box, which arrived here this week. The really eerie thing is that the very day prior to that, I had a serious jonesin' for purple Propel drink mix. I open up the box and lo, verily my jonesing had been a prophecy! Inside were three different colors of Prople (EXCELLENT!), a box of Menergy (energy drink mix, not sure the brand), a tub of hershey kiss cookies (very excellent) and some other stuff. Anj, Matt, thank you tons!!! The drink mixes by themselves were great, everything else on top of all that is fantastic too! In fact, I now have a cat to guard my ammo at night.


See? Cats get into the darndest places!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

kelly barton art + design said...

you have me laughing out loud.
can you email me when you have a chance? i dont have your email and we want to send you a little something.

do you miss me???? i know you do!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad it arrived! I was hoping the cookies wouldn't be melted goo when they arrived. Was kinda worried about that. I had to send ya the guard kitty since you didn't have one there. This little one may not make you go to bed when she tells you to, but she will gladly stick around where ever you put. (in a very literal sense) LOL.
I have no idea who makes the other drink mix either, I just bought everything they had on the shelf cuz you said variety would be good. :)
Stay cool and next time, find out if the AC is male or female before ya buy it eh?? geez mark :P hehehehe